Tips to Shop Like A Pro
Grace Rivera is a Fitness & Bikini Competitor, ISSA Fitness Nutrition Specialist, and NASM Certified Personal Trainer
- Avoid grocery shopping on an empty stomach. After you’ve eaten a Good meal, you’ll be more likely to limit your food choices to what you “need” rather than what you “crave”.
- Learn how to effectively read food labels in order to make educated decisions at the shelf.
- Stay away from free sampling at the grocery store. You may become more susceptible to impulse purchases.
- When buying meats in bulk, be sure to freeze anything you don’t plan to use immediately. This will help your budget and help keep foods fresher for longer.
- Make decisions on what fruits and vegetables to add to your cart based on what is “in season”. Produce that is not in season is more likely to have a higher price tag.
◊ Grace Rivera is a Team Body Fortress® Athlete