Cookies N’ Creme Protein Ice Cream
Skip cheat-day and cool off from the summer sun with this protein-packed Cookies N’ Creme ice cream. No joke, this delicious and creamy ice cream is the real deal. Try it today, it’s definitely worth making!
- 2 scoops Cookies N’ Creme Body Fortress
Super Advanced Whey Protein
- 2 13-to-15 ounce cans full fat coconut milk
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup Oreo cookie crumbs
- Shake the cans of coconut milk thoroughly before opening. Then set aside 1/2 cup coconut milk.
- Pour the remaining coconut milk into a 2-quart saucepan. Add the honey and salt to the coconut milk.
- Warm the coconut milk mixture over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally, until the honey has completely
dissolved into the coconut milk, about 1 to 2 minutes.
- Whisk the cornstarch into the reserved 1/2 cup coconut milk until dissolved. Then pour the cornstarch coconut
milk mixture into the warm coconut milk while whisking gently.
- Continue to heat the ice cream base over medium heat until thickened, stirring occasionally. This should take about
6 to 8 minutes. The base is ready when it is thick enough to coat the back of a spoon. Do not allow the
base to come to a boil.
- Remove the base from the heat and stir in the vanilla extract and protein powder.
- Pour the ice cream mixture into a shallow container and allow to cool on the counter. When it’s not hot, place a piece of
plastic wrap against the surface and put it in the fridge. Cover and refrigerate at least 4 hours.
- Transfer your ice cream mixture into your ice cream maker. Be sure to freeze your ice cream maker container at least
24 hours in advance. Begin churning your ice cream based on your ice cream maker’s directions. After about 5 minutes,
add the cookie crumbs to your ice cream and continue churning.
- Once done, transfer to a freezer safe container and place in the freezer until it reaches desired consistency, or at least 4 hours.
- Allow ice cream to sit on counter for about 5 minutes so it scoops easier. Top with extra cookie crumbs. Enjoy!